POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
The Forklift Operator, Packaging under supervision performs a variety of duties relating to the packaging of manufactured product. These activities include but are not limited to: packaging records and standard operating procedures. This position is also responsible for cleaning equipment and work areas, and following proper documentation procedures
- Ensure all product and components required for daily production are in the appropriate staging area in a timely manner to ensure availability before production begins. Once a project is completed ensure any remaining product/components are returned back to inventory.
- Operates equipment properly and per training.
- Perform quality checks on work. If defects are found notify lead/supervisor immediately.
- Inspect finished product continually through process to identify defects.
- Cleans and maintains processing rooms and equipment, attention to detail in the working environment.
- Follow GMPs and written SOPs.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety rules and regulations.
- Perform work in a timely manner.
- Operate forklifts in a safe and appropriate manner to insure no damage occurs to the product, pallet racks, forklifts, and other equipment while loading/unloading, transferring, and storing products.
- Other duties as assigned.