- POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
The Associate Microbiologist will control and assure quality and provide technical support for production by means of microbiological analysis of raw materials, utilities and environment (water, compressed air, etc.) as well as finished products.
- Test raw materials and finished products for microbial contamination.
- Trouble shoot production problems.
- Train personnel.
- Prepare and standardize all reagents.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Validate procedures used in the microbiology laboratory.
- Complete all necessary documentation in microbiology lab to ensure GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) compliance.
- Responsible for and empowered to stop an analysis that may produce poor quality results as required by ISO 17025.
- Perform other duties as assigned.